Friday, October 5, 2007

Strange week in review


It has been a pretty strange week thus far, with serious potential to get even more strange...

Monday we had two times the Criminal Law we normally do, and my professor was in not-so-rare hysterical form. That man missed his calling as a stand-up comedian, though he is a pretty great Crim professor, too.

Tuesday I got called on in Civil Procedure and my Torts professor called the group of kids that beat up a boy in one of our cases the "Jena 6."

Wednesday, in the middle of lecture my Property professor noticed my shoes and exclaimed "fabulous shoes!" mid sentence. I replied "thank you!" and when the rest of the class snickered she said "well they are, you should see them!" They are some of my favorites, too. My property professor has excellent taste! I also had two meetings for student groups I am hoping to be very involved with on Wednesday.

Thursday I ate falafel with some friends and when I joked that "now we feel awful" they had never heard that before and thought I had made it up. Sadly, I am too honest to take credit for that one. I went to the Penn Law Women's Association Ice Cream Social after class and had a lovely sundae and met my new mentor. She seems really great, and it is always nice to meet people with common interests. On my way home from school I was passing a business and there was a man on a ladder fixing the awning. He looked down at me an yelled "that necklace makes you look like a super hero!" I said thank you, not really knowing what else to say. He assured me he meant it as a good thing, and asked me to promise not to use it for evil. I agreed and scratched my head all the way home.

Later that evening I went to a section 1 "we don't have class tomorrow" party. I did a rousing rendition of "Baby Got Back" which is my standard karaoke song. I also had a chance to get to know some of my classmates I hadn't really talked to before. I keep meeting great people here, and that is very encouraging!

Today I went to a lecture on how to prepare for exams because I figure that is something I should probably know how to do. Now I'm off to a homemade pizza gathering.

Who knows what tomorrow has in store?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

CUTE shoes! They're adorable! I like your necklace too! And the bottom of you hair looks cute too! Why no face shots? I miss your face! You don't post yourself on facebook either! Pleeeeease!

Meredith said...

He's right. It IS a superhero necklace. Perhaps you shouldn't have promised not to use it for evil.