Saturday, November 3, 2007

Back online

Well, I am back online! It seems that they meant to disconnect the cable to apartment 501 and disconnected mine instead. Happily, most of my shows wasted a week doing recaps of the season so far, so I didn't miss anything. Comcast picked a good week to screw me over.

This is the first time I have been home all day with Gordon. At first he thought it was pretty cool, now he is looking at me like "don't you have somewhere to be?" Just wait 'till I get the vacuum out tomorrow! I have to say that it is amazing the effect he has had on my quality of life. I think having someone to take care of helps me take better care of myself as well. He had the last of his antibiotics this morning, so hopefully it will just get better from here. He is already much more playful.

I watched the MTV showing of the new Broadway show Legally Blonde, The Musical tonight. Having started law school, I wondered if it would give the show new meaning. My two thoughts are: we don't sing that much, and the bit about her studying her way from a 131 to a 175 on the LSAT still doesn't sit well... I guess I am not very good at the whole "suspension of disbelief" requirement. We all know that bees don't pollinate corn, so maybe it runs in the family :)

I suppose I should really do some more research on how New York courts treat covenants not to compete. I also have one more article on the feminist view of tort law that I should read before I tackle 50 pages of Civil Procedure tomorrow. Life as a 1L is truly glamorous!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Bees don't pollinate corn? Ah, man! The only thing worse than that would be if there's no tooth fairy...