Thursday, September 27, 2007

I want a kitty

I want a kitty. Last night I planned where I would put a scratching post, a kitty bed, a food and water dish, and I imagined a cat sleeping on my pillow and purring me to sleep. I thought about names and what I would do with said kitty if I went to Kenya for the summer or Central America for spring break. I thought about vet bills and difficult decisions. I thought about hair balls and insulin shots, dead birds and thyroid pills. I wondered if a cat could be happy and fulfilled living in a junior one bedroom apartment in Center City Philadelphia.

I really miss Soot. I miss how he would sit on me when I was taking a nap. I miss how he would touch my face with his paw when he wanted attention. I miss having someone waiting for me when I come home who is always happy to see me and very vocal about it. I miss having a furry cuddlebug to cheer me up when I am stressed out or sad. (This would come in handy in law school)

I promised myself that I wouldn't have another pet until I could afford to give it all the medical care it needed. I never have been patient.

No comments: