Monday, September 17, 2007

Philadelphia Zoo


I am now a proud member of the Philadelphia Zoo! I checked out the Nation's First Zoo with a fellow 1L yesterday afternoon. We didn't get to see everything due to the reading waiting for us at home, but I will be back. If I can avoid the pitfalls that are the zoo store and the food court I should be good to go. So far so good! I'm not sure where this will power came from, but I am not complaining! The zoo has three baby tiger cubs that are almost four months old now, too cute! We have reason to believe that there will be baby kangaroos in the not-too-distant future, too ;)

The third week of classes has already started! I was skeptical when I was told my first year would fly by, but it seems to be happening even as I type. Today I met with the professor who teaches a lot of the international law courses here at Penn and had a great discussion about my future goals and how I should be preparing for an international career. It is a little scary to be planning the rest of my life, but it is very exciting to have what have been far-off day-dreams become tangible.

Well, Legal Writing reading awaits, and a full day of Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Legal Writing, Torts and Socratic dialog is in store for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It's a monkey! I love monkeys!

Meredith said...

I agree with Shannon, but the picture is missing a certain something...