Friday, April 18, 2008

Check, check, check

Well, I am officially a member of the Equal Justice Foundation (EJF) Board for 2008-2009. I will be working with my fellow fundraising chair to plan the annual book sale and the Tortfeasor's Ball. I am really excited; both the IHRA board and the EJF board are full of great people, so it should be a great year. Busy, but great.

This weekend I am expecting a visit from my cousin Nick and his girlfriend. It will be great to see Nick and meet Kayt. I hope Philadelphia has enough alleys and trolleys to satisfy them.

I am doing my best to keep checking things off my "to do" list. Last night was my oral argument and I made it through unscathed. This morning I went to my travel consultation and got a polio booster and typhoid vaccine. Later today I will attend the "Africa Orientation" offered by the Penn Study Abroad and Africa Studies departments. Monday is the Law School study abroad meeting, my Botswana orientation meeting, and the Public Service recognition reception where we will be doing a short presentation on our Mexico trip. Tuesday is the last day of class for my 1L year! I have one in-school exam on the 28th and three self-scheduling take home exams to be completed by May 8th. Whew. I need a nap just thinking about it.

During my travel consultation I had to have an evaluation of my physical and mental health. The doctor asked how I was feeling and I told her I was happier than I have been in quite a while. She said "you're in your first year of law school and you're happy?!" I guess I made the right choice. I may be in the minority, but I love law school, 1L craziness and all.
Finally, the mandatory Gordon update. He is doing great. I think he is ready for me to stop all the reading and play with him. He sits on my books whenever I start an assignment.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Look at you, girl, having adventures all over the place! Japan's just no fun anymore...