Friday, May 9, 2008

Rising 2L!

Well, I have finished my first year of law school! It is amazing how fast that year went and also how long ago orientation seems. They say law school changes people. I can't make out any big changes, although I am more likely to 1) number points I am about to make and 2) think about legal recourse for people who tell me about their problems. I'll have to ask my friends and family at home if they think I have changed, then cross my fingers that it hasn't been for the worse!

I had three take-home finals, so I started to go a little stir-crazy in my apartment. I think Gordon was wondering why I was home ALL THE TIME, too. Over the next few days I will be keeping pretty busy getting myself ready for the big trip to Botswana, packing, cleaning the apartment for the guy who will be living here over the summer, and trying to get all of the things the law school wants me to do over the internet this summer taken care of before I go. I am sure there will be lots of chances to use the internet while I am in Botswana, but it seems foolish to risk my interviews for On Campus Interviews or my class schedule for next semester if it can be helped. Law students are a risk-averse group, or at least that's what the administration keeps telling us.

Gordon is doing well, I will conclude this post with some new pictures of him.

1 comment:

Maisha said...

we rule the school! tell your little man that i'm sorry for dragging him around in a CAR. sheesh, the nerve of human beings. :) i'm glad you got home safe!