Thursday, April 10, 2008

golden ticket(s)


Well, I have my ticket to Botswana and a ticket home to visit and drop Gordon off in Montana! I am very excited! I also found out that I will be working for HIAS for three weeks at the end of the summer--I am looking forward to getting some hands-on experience with immigration law. Yesterday was quite eventful. I was called on in Constitutional law, and the professor said I was making some "weird functional argument." Then I posted my apartment on craigslist to see if I could sublet it over the summer and I have gotten some good responses. Then I got some laundry done, which was a very good thing.


At 7 I went to the Equal Justice Foundation dessert potluck and learned about the different board positions available. I am planning on running for social chair. Then at 8 I went to meet some of the other students headed to Botswana. I think it will be a great group. Tonight is the final meeting for the Uganda project. I really enjoyed working on the syllabus for a Children's Rights course; I hope what I came up with will be useful. We are also having a meeting about On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) for the fall today. OCR is terribly exciting and dreadfully scary all at the same time. I have to decide where I want to live, what firms I want to interview with, and the job I end up with for next summer has a high probability of being where I end up after graduating.


This Saturday is the last Penn Preview Day, our last formal admitted student program. I have really enjoyed being on the Post Acceptance Committee this year. Oral arguments are coming up a week from today. This will be in the real courthouse in front of real practitioners. It will also be the last Legal Writing assignment. My 1L year will be over in less than a month! I think that is AMAZING! I didn't believe all the people who told me it would.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Hi Emily,

Thanks for all the nice comments! It helps knowing you've been through the same thing! I love reading your blog - it sounds like you have an exciting summer ahead of you.

Melisa