Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BOTSWANA!!!!

I have been offered an internship at the University of Botswana Legal Clinic for this summer!!!! I am sooooooo excited I can hardly contain myself. The Clinic is one of the only places offering legal services to the indigent population in Botswana. I will be the first Penn student sent to this Clinic, but there will be several other Penn graduate students working in different places in Gaborone.
Other things are also picking up: the Equal Justice Foundation auction is this Thursday, the first Penn Preview Day is Friday, the first draft of a syllabus I am working on for a masters course in Uganda on children's rights is due to the International Human Rights Advocates on March 3, my appellate brief is due March 5, the Spring Break trip to the Mexico border is less than 3 weeks away, and Admitted Students Weekend is March 28-29. Maybe after that I will have a second to think. I'm not betting on it! I guess I wouldn't want it any other way...

No post is complete without a Gordon update. He seems to be doing really, really well. We are making progress on the toilet training slowly, but surely. I think tomorrow it will be time to take the next big step! He is 90% delightful, 10% scratchy.

No comments: