Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blerg


This has been a long week, but happily it's almost over! I am looking forward to the weekend and an opportunity to get myself organized and back on a good sleep cycle. I feel really lucky because I still really like law school. We will see how I feel just before my appellate brief is due! We are "representing" a Seattle street performer who says that the rules for performers in the Seattle Center violate his First Amendment rights. It is a real case, and a pretty interesting subject, so it shouldn't be too bad.


This week in Constitutional Law we read Roe v. Wade, Planned Parenthood v. Casey, and Gonzales v. Carhart. It has lead to some interesting debates (I would expect nothing less) and gotten the class riled up. It definitely has me worried about the course the Supreme Court is on lately! There have been other terrible decisions that have come down from the Roberts court recently, so it looks like the Bush administration train wreck will have ramifications on our liberty for years to come.


The summer job search has been taking a back seat to everything else I am doing, but this weekend I hope to get another bunch of applications sent. Gordon is doing well, he has been more snuggly and less injurious lately--my hands, arms and legs couldn't be happier! I am hoping to move to the next phase of toilet training this weekend, so keep your fingers crossed that I won't find special "presents" in unhappy places this time! Above is a picture of the Gordmeister playing with a broccoli floret. He is high in entertainment value!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

is that broccoli? a cat after my own heart! hey, I use blerg too!