Sunday, December 16, 2007

Exam time warp

Well, exams are already halfway over. Amazing. It is interesting how warped my perception of time has gotten. I can't believe it was only yesterday I tackled 97 multiple choice questions for my Criminal Law exam, and I also can't believe I only have 37 hours until my Civil Procedure exam (and two nights worth of sleep to get). Speaking of Civil Procedure, I took a quiz to find out "What Federal Rule of Civil Procedure Are You?" and I was quite pleased with the results. I was considerably less pleased with my answers to the practice Civ Pro exam I just took, so I will leave you with the quiz results and get back to studying.

YOU ARE 28 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1332!You are not a Federal Rule of Civil Procedure at all: you're the statute that allows the federal district courts to hear diversity of citizenship actions! You were drafted with the idea that an out-of-state party may be unduly prejudiced by appearing in a foreign state. Sometimes people may think that you're strange, and they try to minimalize your effects by requiring an amount in controversy and by being especially strict on the requirements for diversity. Also, attorneys often use you for "forum shopping" and other undesirable behavior. But there's no getting around the fact that you're so darned loveable! Your delightful quirkiness entertains friends and law professors alike, and although others may grumble about your eccentricities behind your back, they're always talking about you, so you must be doing something right. Let's face it, the world could use a few more 28 USC 1332's!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I love procrastination. This is what I got:


YOU ARE RULE 15!

You're a very helpful rule! You allow the attorney to amend their complaint once as a matter of course at any time before the answer is filed, and also allow amendments in other cases. If a claim relates back to the original transaction or occurrence outlined in the complaint, you can amend the complaint, even though the statute of limitations has run. Like a good friend, you're always there to help out in a bind.

Good luck with your finals, Emily! We're rooting for you.