Monday, June 23, 2008

Anniversary

Well, I have passed the one-month mark. The past month has been pretty amazing. This past week I have seen more soccer than I have ever watched in my entire life put together. It is Euro Cup and one of my roommates has soccer-fever. She met some German human rights lawyers while watching, so I decided to tag along and see what information I could gather during half time. She also has a friend who did a masters in human rights at Columbia. Hmmm. Perhaps law school isn't the end...

My good friend Riley leaves for Canada tomorrow, she is headed home to visit and returns the day after I leave. I will miss her, she is a lot of fun! I found a ticket to Kenya to visit my friend Ruth, and I am pretty tempted. I would fly right to Mombasa and spend some time on the beach. I would also get to dance with my favorite dance partner again :) We are quickly running out of weekends and are scrambling to get plans together and fit everything we want to do into the summer. Wish us luck! I am hoping to get to Madikwe (a game reserve just over the boarder in South Africa) this weekend, so hopefully there will be some more animal pictures to post. The medical students who went this past weekend saw baby elephants!

No comments: