Saturday, August 25, 2007

Settling into my new apartment

Well, my parents and I made it to Philadelphia! Our flight was a few hours late (big surprise) so we spent the first night on the floor. Ouch. The next day we spent getting supplies and furniture at Target and Ikea. The next few days we spent putting all of my new Ikea furniture together... It rained quite a bit while they were here, so we didn't get to walk around as much as I would have liked, but it did provide a cool environment for furniture assembly.

I did let my parents have a little fun here in Philly. We went to the Franklin Institute (though we didn't see Tut), the Mutter Museum, the Art Museum, the Rodin, the Reading Terminal Market, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the Penn Law building, compared cheese steaks from the rivals Pat and Geno in South Philly, ate Ethiopian food, mom and I went shopping on South Street while dad went to the US mint.

Driving in Philadelphia was an adventure to be sure, though I left that adventure for mom and dad to enjoy... The rental car was returned in one piece, no collisions to report. Mom and dad left for Bozeman on Thursday afternoon leaving me to put up posters and unpack the boxes that I sent myself.

So far I LOVE Philadelphia--the people are awesome and very friendly. My apartment is great; it was so much fun to pick out furniture and all the trimmings. I will try to get some pictures uploaded soon, though I am not known for being good at that sort of thing! My home Internet connection should be set up on September 1, so I will do another post then and give all the details on orientation. I got my class schedule today, I'm almost a 1L!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Pictures please! You can do it Emily! I'm glad you're enjoying Philly!

Meredith said...

Hey... I agree with Shannon. What's with the anti-technology attitude? I'm not diggin' it. Also, what's a 1L? Eat some cheese-steak for me. Who won the contest?

Melisa said...

We miss you here at the Museum! Post pictures soon!